Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Democratic Republic of the Congo also known as DR Congo, DRC, DROC, Congo-Kinshasa, or the Congo is a country in Central Africa. Its formers names were Zaire and the Belgian Congo. Kinshasa is the capital. It is bordering the Republic of the Congo (also known as "Congo-Brazzaville") in the west, the Central African Republic in the north, South Sudan in the north, Uganda in the northeast, Rwanda, Burundi & Tanzania in the east, Zambia in the southeast, Angola in the southwest and the Atlantic Ocean in the west. Also a great part of Lake Tanganyika is in Congo, it is the the second largest and deepest freshwater lake in the world after only Lake Baikal in Siberia. Kavala Island, Mamba-Kayenda Islands, Milima Island and Kibishie Island are the islands in Lake Tanganyika that belong to the DRC.
Hotels in Kinshasa
• Five star hotels Kinshasa: Pullman Kinshasa Grand Hotel, Kempinski Hotel Fleuve Congo and Hotel Memling.
• Four star hotels Kinshasa: Hotel Royal Kinshasa, Beatrice Hotel, Hotel Cana and Hotel Le Cyprès.
• Three star hotels Congo-Kinshasa: Léon Hôtel, Hotel Relax, Hotel Malebo, Hotel Belle Vie and Hotel Pour Vous.
• Two star hotels Congo-Kinshasa: African Dream Hotel, Flat Hotel Alhdeef and Flat Alpha.
• Hotels Kinshasa: White House Apartment, Le Vintage, Sultani Hotel, Safricas and River View Building.
Tourists come for the wildlife (bonobo preserve called Lola Ya Bonobo), mountain and lowland gorillas, indigenous cultures (markets with Congolese art, tribal masks and other beautiful goods)) & see and meet pygmies still practising their traditional way of life in the forests, the Congo River and geological phenomena which are not found easily or anywhere else in Africa.
National parks in the Congo: Virunga National Park, Kahuzi-Biega National Park, Garamba National Park, Salonga National Park, Okapi Wildlife Reserve and Maiko National Park.
Cities and towns in the Congo: Kinshasa, Bukavu, Goma, Kananga, Kisangani, Kidu, Lubumbashi, Mbuji-Mayi, Matadi and Mbandaka.
Discover The Democratic Republic of the Congo an unspoiled part of Africa.